Sunday, October 25, 2015

Review: Killer Instinct by S.E. Green

Killer Instinct (Killer Instinct, #1)Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I liked the cover since I am a redhead!

Lane may be unemotional and cold at best, but I still liked her as a character. She reminded me of a female Dexter. However, this book did not copy Dexter word for word or anything. I was trying to guess the ending the whole time, and it threw me for a huge loop when I thought I definitely had it figured out.

People are saying its wrong for her to like a 25 year old guy, I don't think it is. A lot of girls have crushes on older men, especially teachers. People also don't like how she described her sister...unfortunately there are girls like that in the world.

At first I was able to put the book down, I would read a few chapters, then read a few more the next day..but last night I couldn't stop. I love when a book does that to me. I had to know what was next, I was on the edge of my bed!

I recommend this book to any true crime fans.

View all my reviews
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, it has been awhile. Sorry for my absence. The whole book blogging thing started to take over my life and it just wasn't fun anymore. I took a break and now I am back. I probably will just stick to reviews, and less book reveals and such for now. Thanks for sticking around! Kara

6 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back around Kara, and I hope you are able to do this! I know what you mean - I tend not to do cover reveals and promos like that which are generated. I much prefer posting my own reviews as well as reading others like it. I have heard about this book but never read a review for it, so now you have me intrigued! I like the sound of not being able to guess what is going to happen at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia for your kind words :) At first I read that you need to blog everyday! I just don't think that's feasible at all! This book is definitely worth a read, it's YA too. I can't wait to read the next one in the series and anything else from this author.

      Delete
  2. I completely know what you mean when you say book blogging can take over your life - sometimes it can get like that! Hope you figure it out Kara. Sounds like you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read much true crime but this one sounds interesting with your "female Dexter" description.

    Blogging is definitely more time-consuming than it seems. I'm glad you're finding the right balance. I can't imagine doing it every day! I have to stay very scheduled to keep up with a review, a guest post, and a stacking the shelves every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I loved her writing style as well, it was a fast read! (Plus you know I like redhead characters, hehe)

      Yeah I haven't blogged in a month, but I have been visiting more blogs..I enjoy that part!

      Delete